Recipe Valencian paella
Tipo de Receta: Rice
Tiempo de Preparación:
Tiempo cocción arroz:
In Valencia there is the tradition of eating the Valencian paella with family and friends, the origin of this recipe comes from the most humble people in Valencia, especially in the vicinity of the Albufera, where the rice is still being cultivated.
- First we pour the extra virgin olive oil and we distribute it very well in the paella pan.
- I like to put the salt around the oil, so that the area doesn’t burn, we turn on the fire to the minimum.
- When the oil is hot, we add the chicken and rabbit and we will mix it very well with the salt that we had put before, this way it will be salty.
- We let it simmer, this way all the juice will be boiled, and when it’s well cooked we put aside to the ends of the pan.
- Let’s add the vegetables (rotjet and French beans). The heat is still in the minimum.
- When they’re well cooked, let’s put aside to the ends of the pan, with the heat in the minimum.
- The following step is very important, so you have to pay attention. It is time to add the saffron (or any other food coloring) next we will add the pepper and without stopping stirring, we will add the grated tomato. We can also add the pepper after the tomato, this way we do not risk it to being burned.
- We let the tomato to be well cooked, and this step I like to call it “the trick of the tripe stir-fry”. When the tomato is cooked, I add a glass of water so it can cook again. And I do this three times. We mix it with all the ingredients in the pan and cook all together for a few minutes.
- We pour more water in the pan, almost to the top, and let it cook until the water reaches below the rivet of the pan’s handle.
- We add the rice making a single line across the pan, we call it “caballón”, and then we distribute it well.
- We turn up the fire for the first 5 minutes, then 5 minutes to medium heat and the last 5 minutes to the minimum, this is when we’re going to add the rosemary.
- Let it sit and is ready to eat!
- Have a nice meal!