Recipe of rice “peppers, cuttlefish and anchovies”
Autor: David Montero
Tipo de Receta: Rice
Hello, before explaining this recipe I have to say that it came up to my mind while I was walking through Valencia’s Central Market, in the hallways where they sell fish and then I saw the anchovies, that caught my attention for their big size. I kept walking when I saw some spectacular red peppers and then the smell of stir-fry anchovies with peppers and sliced garlics came to my mind and I felt very hungry. So I started working to get this recipe.
- 1 kg of rice
- 1 red pepper and 1 yellow pepper
- 10 anchovies
- 1 medium size cuttlefish
- Extra virgin olive oil, Salt
- Fish soup
- 4 medium size garlics
- 2 tomatoes
- Much love
- ) First we are going to pour the oil in the paella pan and distribute it so the rice can we well cooked in the entire pan.
- ) We stir-fry the anchovies at high heat without breaking them, and then we remove them to a plate.
- ) Next we will add the peppers that we have sliced already, leaving in the plate some long slices to decorate at the end. We cook at low heat and when they’re ready we put them aside to the ends of the pan.
- ) Now we will incorporate the cuttlefish at medium heat and when it loses the water is because is ready and we put it aside to the ends of the pan.
- ) We add the garlics, let them cook without burning them and put them to the ends of the pan.
- ) We set the heat to the minimum, add a tablespoon of saffron (I use a coloring food named Carmencita because the strands of the saffron are a very expensive product), next we will add a teaspoon of pepper and without stopping the stirring, we add the tomato that we have grated previously.
- ) Let’s put together all the ingredients of the paella, stir for a few minutes and add the rice. Continue stirring for another few minutes.
- ) It is time to add the boiling broth, that we have prepared previously with fresh “morralla” fish (the amount of broth is always three times more than rice, but according to each heat, we will have to pay attention if is enough or not, we will be adjusting the heat in order to speed up or slow down the cooking, so the rice can be well cooked.
- With the broth in the paella, and the heat turn up to the highest level, we will continue like this the first five minutes of cooking, stirring the rice and distributing it very well in the whole pan, then we will lower the heat to the medium power during another five minutes, next we lower the heat to the minimum and cook for another five more minutes, there is when we will incorporate the anchovies and the pepper slices.
- We let it sit and it's ready to eat.
- Have a good meal!