recipe with pumpkin, squids, onion and so much passion
Tipo de Receta: Rice
Hello rice lovers, I ate this rice in good company, with a nice wine and I can tell you that the best part wasn’t the rice. I will not give too much details but I can tell you that the laughs, touches and passion were the best ingredients of this recipe. Let’s get into it! ; )
- 1 pound of rice
- 50 ounces fish soup
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 small size squids
- ½ peanut pumpkin
- 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon food coloring, 1 teaspoon of sweet pepper
- 4 red shrimps
- 2 garlics
- So much passion
- Let’s start! First we pour the oil in the paella pan, distribute it and turn on the heat at medium power.
- Let’s sauté the onion and put it aside to the ends of the paella pan.
- Add the pumpkin previously cut in dices and stir-fry until they well browned.
- In here I had to turn off the fire because the situation heated up in the kitchen and the pumpkin almost gets burned hehehe.. But her smile, lips and body took control of the kitchen and we get carried away.
- After having capacity to be able to cook again, I put myself with the rice.
- Add the squid previously cleaned and cut in rings, when it releases all the water and starts jumping in the paella is because is ready, put it aside to the ends of the paella.
- Lower the heat to minimum, add the garlics previously cut in very thin slices, let them get well browned without getting burned and when they’re ready let’s put them aside to the ends of the paella.
- Add a tablespoon of food coloring and another one of pepper, stir for a few seconds and then add the grated tomato and stir-fry very well.
- Add the rice to the paella and stir-fry all together for a minute.
- Pour the very hot fish soup, turn up the heat to maximum power and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- The next 5 minutes lower the heat to medium power, taste the salt and fix it if necessary.
- It is time to add the shrimps that I should have cooked at first in the paella and put in a plate for adding them later in this step, but with all the tension, passion and fire in the kitchen was impossible to concentrate on the rice hehe. But that’s ok we can add the raw shrimps in this step and they’ll be very good too, that’s what I did.
- Last 5 minutes put the heat to the minimum, let it sit and it’s ready to eat.
- Have a great meal and enjoy life!
The dessert was the best;)